Michelin Pilot 3 Tyre’s

Home Forums Tyre Discussions Michelin Pilot 3 Tyre’s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Clinton Hulley
    Keymaster

This is a place where you can discuss all your likes and issues on these tyres. I know the Pilot Sport 3’s has been replaced with the Pilot Sport 4, but there are a few people still running on the Pilot Sport 3’s.

Clinton Hulley
      Keymaster

So I fitted a set of Michelin Pilot Sport 3 tyres on the 9th month of 2017. I was well impressed with the tyres as this was a big step up from what I had on the car. They were very grippy in the wet and the dry. This was just out and out an awesome tyre. Fast forward 3 years 8 month. I have done 40000km on the Pilot Sport 3 tyres. I rotated the tyres on every service. I had one repair done on one tyre due to a screw I picked up about 3 years ago. The tyre was never flat, I just had it checked out and they had to do a repair as it went through the tyre. Luckily the tire was still on spec pressure when I brought it into the tyre shop.

I noticed the front tyres started flaking and pieces of rubber were being ripped out. I also notice some cracking on the tyres all around. I took the car to the shop where I fitted these tires for inspection and they said the tyres are not dangerous like that. They asked me if they could rotate the tyres for me and just check the wheel alignment.  I said yes, and they put the car on the lift.

Once the wheel was off the car they called me and the one front tyre was split open right around on the sidewall. How long have I been driving around with this tyre I don’t know. Al I know it was really dangerous.

Here is a pic of the tyre that split open.

Michelin Pilot Sport 3

Has anyone seen something like this?

I will write a post on the main site about what the outcome was with this tyres.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.