Non Resonated 3" Exhaust

Home Forums Golf 6 GTI & Golf 6R Non Resonated 3" Exhaust

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Clinton Hulley
    Keymaster

I have a 3″ Turbo back resonated exhaust on my Golf 6 R, I am thinking of doing a resonator delete on the exhaust. The exhaust does sound very nice but you don’t hear the popping of the exhaust and the DSG farts is not that loud, especially on the lower revs. Has anyone ran a 3″ non resonated exhaust? What is your thoughts on this?

Clinton Hulley
      Keymaster

I have a friend that does high quality fabrication, and he is going to build me the resonator delete pipe for my 3″ scorpion exhaust system. I don’t want to cut on the current setup. Because the Scorpion exhaust is modeler, he could just build the section to replace the resonated pipe. If it turns out to be to loud I can always just put the resonated section back. The pipe will be built next week so looking forward to it. Will post once it is done and give my feedback on the non resonated Scorpion Exhaust system.

Clinton Hulley
        Keymaster

I finally got a resonator delete pipe for my 3″ Scorpion exhaust. It sounds insane. The popping sounds that usually go with a big exhaust is now audible. The next thing I want to do is install a button on the car so that I can disable the exhaust flap from inside the car. I don’t want to disable the valve permanently. On normal driving, I want the valve to function so that the noise inside the car is minimal. When I feel like a bit of spirited driving then I can switch the valve off and enjoy the beautiful noise. I should have bought the Non-Resonated system from the start. I would have saved a bit of money. The Car really sounds brutal.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
        • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.